Write for us
Please read the following information in order to see what kind of content we publish. If you are an excellent writer who is well-informed about topics related to mental health then we’d love to hear from you.
We appreciate that you want to write for us. We are always looking for new writers and blog opportunities for our Mental Health and Psychology blog, but we are very selective about the guest articles we receive.
In order to become a guest writer (guest articles to contribute) for the TherapistPages mental health and wellness platform there a few things you need to know – from guidelines and submission requirements, to topics you can write on. You’ll find everything you need to know in the following paragraphs.
Here are a few guidelines you need to consider before submission.
- All articles should be between 1000 – 1500+ words
- No more than 2 – 3 sentences per paragraph (no long walls of paragraphs)
- Articles should be checked for grammar and spelling mistakes before submission.
- All content must be original and unpublished. We will run through Copyscape and AI scanning tools.
- Articles should include at least 2 -3 high quality and related stock photos
- Links are allowed in the article if they are to a resource site that is related to information you’re providing. One link back to your blog can be placed in your author bio only. If you would like a link back to your business website, please email us at Support [@] TherapistPages.com for advertising.
- Article should not be used on other blogs/websites. But if you choose to republish your piece on another publication, we politely request that you mention that it was first published on TherapistPages.com, and that you link back to the original piece here.
- No affiliate links are permitted
- Please link to all the resources and references you use so that readers may do their own research as well and verify sources (ex. studies, other articles, institutes, etc.)
Topics To Write On
The following are topics we accept:
- Mental Health
- Therapy and Therapy Approaches
- Personal Development
- General Health Related
If you have an inquiry regarding advertising on our website please email us to discuss at Support [@] TherapistPages.com.
WHY Should You Write For Us?
- Your own profile pic and byline
- Author bio with backlinks to your home site
- Featured on our Authors Page
- Free exposure to thousands of targeted readers
- Add to your resume or online writing portfolio
- TherapistPages is a trusted blog about mental health, addictions, relationships, and parenting.
- Article must be the final draft when sending.
- Images used in the article should be attached in a zip folder for us to access.
- Author bio with author image should be sent with the article (include 200px by 200px author picture)
Given the high number of articles we receive, please allow up to 3-7 days for us to get back to
you. We will let you know whether or not it’ll be published on our site.
Who should write for us?
We want people who know what they’re talking about. Preference goes to licensed mental health professionals and those with special education, training, or experience in the field. These qualities need to be reflected in your article. While you need not be a professional clinician, you are nonetheless expected to know the subject matter about which you are writing. Please demonstrate your mastery of the subject matter in your post.
Tone Of Articles
Articles should be written in either 3rd person. The tone should be informative but down-to-earth. Articles should be written for a web-audience, meaning clear and crisp sentences with multiple headings and short paragraphs. Please avoid technical and/or jargon-heavy writing. The focus should be solution-focused and mindful.
Format Of Articles
All posts must be list-style, how-to, or what is/why-style articles. A well-crafted blog post will answer a question and have the following qualities:
- A target keyword
- An engaging title
- A clear audience in mind.
- A friendly, informative tone.
- An introduction
- A conclusion
- Sources and/or research.
Length Of Articles
We ask that posts be a minimum of 1,000 words, with an optimal word length between 1000 to 1500. Articles below 1000 words will be rejected.
Inspiring Quote/s: We encourage you to include to provide at least one authoritative quote within your article that relates to the topic.
Videos Inside Your Article: You are welcome to insert a Youtube video into your article if it is directly relevant to the article topic and the content of that video is positive and appropriate. If you wish to include a video, please ensure you put brackets around the Youtube video URL in the exact place in your article that you wish it to appear.
We ask that you avoid doing the following…
Don’t send articles that have been, or will be, published elsewhere.
Don’t send superficial articles: We provide high-quality content that has real substance based on personal experience and/or professional expertise. We are not about spinning content, or about linking just to increase traffic. Please bring your A-Game!!
Where To Submit
Now we’ve given you the rundown it’s time for the submission! You can get in touch with our team by submitting to Support [@] TherapistPages.com. From there, one of our editors will take a look at the content you’ve shared with us and see whether or not it’s the perfect fit.
Just like any other publisher, we reserve the right to edit the content that we publish, according to our own editorial judgement. So there might be some changes to your submission.
It’s nice to know who you are, so include a personal bio of about 100 words.
We can’t wait to see what you bring to the table. Happy writing!